NEIGHBORS - WEEK 4: Reconciled
When we are reconciled to “Him”
we will seek to be reconciled with them!
We celebrate the birth of Jesus and the fact that God came in flesh to this earth for us. He came with a mission in mind, a mission of reconciliation. All the way back in the Garden of Eden our relationship with God was broken as sin entered into the world. Since that time there has been a distance between God and man that needed reconciling. That is the Christmas story, that God sent a way for us to be reconciled to Him through His Son, Jesus. But God also, gives us this message of reconciliation between one another.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (Colossians 1:19-22, 2 Corinthians 5:17-20)
1. What is the biggest fight you had between you and a sibling or you and a friend as a kid?
2. How did is get reconciled (resolved)?
3. Why is it so difficult to take the step to reconcile as an adult?
4. How does it feel when we have an alienated relationship with someone? How does it feel when we are alienated from God?
5. One of the most difficult verses in the bible on forgiveness is Matthew 6:15, “But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” How does this apply when we think about taking that next step of reconciliation?
6. How does Jesus make His appeal of reconciliation through us?
What would you need to do to take the step of reconciliation in a broken relationship you may have?