NO RAGRETS - WEEK 3: Finances
Regret or Relief,
they both start with a step!
We all have some area of regret when it comes to our finances. Have you ever just sat back and dreamed what it would be like to have peace in the area of your finances? There are 800 different verses in the Bible that talk about finances and money. We tend to look for answers in the Bible for other areas of our life and often only think it speaks of giving. Generosity is certainly taught and modeled in the pages but handling money is spoken of us all.
1. How did your parents handle money when you were a kid? Did they teach or model anything for you?
2. Can you name one purchase that you regret making? How does it make you feel when you talk about it?
3. Why do we tend to avoid planning when it comes to our money?
4. What would you do with just a little extra cash?
5. How do you think your marriage would change if you both had a plan, knew the plan, and stuck by the plan?
1. Make these principles your new commitment to have No Regrets financially!
2. Acknowledge that 100% of my resources belong to God. Psalm 24:1
3. Assign every dollar a name, spending it on paper and on purpose first. Luke 14:28
4. Eliminate all debt and live debt free. Proverbs 22:7
5. Teach my children to handle money God's way. Proverbs 22:6
6. Save and invest, building wealth slowly through consistent, wise decisions. Proverbs 21:20
7. Give a portion of my income back to God, trusting Him and choosing to live a generous life. Malachi 3:10, 2 Corinthians 9:6-7