PEACE, LOVE & HAPPINESS - WEEK 1: Through Not To
Joy doesn’t happen to you;
it is produced through you!
Peace, love and happiness are often thought of as a slogan or an idea but can they really be achieved? What do they mean and how do they show themselves in the life of a Christian? It seems as if these words are always tied to our circumstances and where we are in life. We often feel like peace, love and happiness must be things that happen to us because we’re in the right place at the right time or our life is going good at the moment. Could they be as simple as one little word?
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (Philippians 1:1-11, Acts 16:11-34)
1. When you think of peace, love and happiness what comes to your mind?
2. How would you describe the difference between joy and happiness?
3. Paul speaks of the church at Philippi with deep affection. Who are some people in your life that have brought you joy?
4. Each one of the people in the story of Acts 16 were seeking joy in something. Would someone observing your life think that you are characterized by joy? Why or why not?
5. How is Joy produced in our lives and what do you think are a few ways we can keep it there?
Would someone observing your LifeGroup think that it is characterized by joy? Why or why not?