PEACE, LOVE & HAPPINESS - WEEK 4: Relationship
Joy is found in the journey!
Knowing someone more is one of the goals of relationship. Paul spends some time talking about his desire to know Christ even more. At this point Paul has spent some 30 years following Jesus and walking with Him and suffering for Him and yet his desire is to know Christ even more. That kind of pursuit of relationship brings about the joy that can only be produced through Christ!
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (Philippians 3:10-21)
1. Tell about your first boyfriend/girlfriend? How old were you? How long did it last?
2. What kind of goals do you have in your present relationship?
3. What kind of goals do you have in your relationship with Christ? How will you reach them?
4. Paul says, “I want to know Christ”. How does that become real in your life?
5. Paul reminds us to be willing to suffer with Christ, to be dissatisfied with where we are, to be forgetful of our past, to be disciplined in our walk and to never forget our goal. That’s how he will know Christ better. Which of these do you find the most difficult? Why?
How can your LifeGroup better help spur each other on in knowing Christ?