THE SHADOW OF THE CROSS - WEEK 2: Remember
Remember, Examine & Proclaim!
The final evening before Jesus was crucified He took of the Passover meal. 1000's of years of tradition changed in one statement, "this is my body and blood". Now we remember His sacrifice. We proclaim the Good news and we examine ourselves regularly to stay clean before Him.
(Luke 22:14-20, 1 Corinthians 11:26-29, Psalm 139:23-24, Psalm 51:1-12)
1. What are your earliest memories of taking communion?
2. Why is it such a somber event in the life of a church?
3. Describe the feelings around the dinner table that night. How do you think you would have felt not knowing in just a few hours everything would change.
4. When Paul adds this "examine of oneself" before taking the Lord's Supper, how does ethics effect the way we do it now?
5. How can you prepare yourself this week to remember what Jesus did, examine yourself and proclaim what He's done as we head into Easter?
Take some time on Friday of this week to remember and contemplate what Jesus suffered on that Good Friday!