THRIVE - WEEK 3: Reflection
The reflection of repentance is generosity!
Generosity and wealth always seem to be on a sliding scale. I’m generous depending on my wealth and my wealth is never enough. Have you ever asked yourself why I need to be generous or why I am/not generous. This week we looked at why the life of a Christian is reflected in generosity.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (Luke 3:1-16)
1. What is your earliest remembrance of you or someone you know being generous?
2. How do you feel when you give?
3. How do you feel about the statement, God gave His Son so we should give to Him? Do we give out of an owed debt or out of love?
4. What do you see as the common answer John gave to the crowd, the tax collectors and the soldiers?
5. What do you think is the biggest hurdle to showing and living a generous life?
Spend some time praying and even fasting this week and ask God how He would have you give so your church can Thrive, not just survive.