WAR - WEEK 4
In every loss look for the lesson and the blessing!
We will all have times in our life of defeat. The question is not “if “ but “when” which leads to a second question...how will we respond to the defeat? If some of your best plans have ever been dashed to pieces, then you can identify with Joshua and his officers.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS - Joshua 7-8
1. What would you identify as one of the biggest defeats in your life?
2. Was there anything you learned from the defeat?
3. How have you seen the sin and trouble of one person effect others?
4. God wants complete obedience not partial. What can happen if we only partially obey things?
5. Joshua and the nation of Israel dealt with the sin issue, repented and looked for a blessing in the defeat. In what way did Joshua use the previous defeat to conquer the city of Ai?
“When we surrender to the Lord, no defeat is permanent and no mistake is beyond remedy.” How have you sin this statement lived out in your life?
“Life, like war, is a series of mistakes, and he is not the best Christian nor the best general who makes the fewest false steps. He is the best who wins the most splendid victories by the retrieval of mistakes. Forget mistakes; organize victories out of mistakes.”